Jun 7, 2011

Some useless dribble, but not on the food.

Ok so I spent wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 2 long trying to make my blog here look pretty. In the end I should have just left it how it was right? I mean really who cares what the damn thing looks like.... but if anyone out there wants to make me a nice template for free I'm more than happy with that...hehehe.

Anyway so I was trying to think/discover what to write about today. I could write about so little, yet think so much is going on.In fact nothing much is going on at all.My life is actually kinda great at the moment...except for my back...but that's normal.

I actually tried my hand at making a jam tart today. I've never made one before & despite my best efforts, I failed. I didn't measure out things right to begin with, so it was more butter, more flour, more butter.... you get my drift. Then more water than should have been & then I was just unable to cook it properly. Thank god I didn't put the jam in at all (the baking the base was the part I stuffed up) so at least I didn't waste that yummo jam. I also didn't have the right pan to cook it in, nor did I have a rolling pin (the base was thick, then thin, then broken, then uncooked, overcooked) see a small pattern here? Lol.

Ok so tomorrow I'll have to buy a few items, cause the family really really want their jam tart & they want me to make it.
  • Rolling pin
  • Something to weight things with
  • Pan
  • Baking paper
That should be the list, bet I don't get it though. But hey I can try..... "Oh, honey" lol

No comments:

Post a Comment